Symposium title: Narcolepsy after H1N1 – 10 years in review
• Follow-up and treatment
• Clinical diagnostic/treatment challenges
• Immunology and genetics
• Patient experienced outcomes, challenges and needs
• Comorbidity and quality of life
Download program for Nordic Narcolepsy Conference 2020 here.
Presentations from Nordic Narcolepsy Symposium
Presentations given Thursday February 6th:
Narcolepsy in the Nordic countries: From the patient's organisations:Madeleine Wallenius - Narkolepsiföreningen SverigeMatt O'Neill, Narcolepsy UKCharter from Narcolepsy UK (with questions/answers)Santeri Rahkole, Finnish Narcolepsy AssociationKnut Bronder, Søvnforeningen, Norway
Anna Kristofferson - Can Pandemrix cause Hypersomnia?Natasha Morales Drissi - Structural anomaly in brainstem of pediatric patients with Narcolepsy type-1
Narcolepsy in the future - New research
Presentations given Friday February 7thBirgitte R. Kornum. Narcolepsy after H1N1: 10 years in reviewAnne-Marie Landtblom - 10 years after Pandemrix - SwedenBerit Hjelde Hansen - Role of NevSomRagnhild Berling Grande - Clinical organization/follow-up of Narcolepsy in NorwayThomas Fast - Treatment of narcolepsy: Health Economic perspectivesMaria Engstrøm - NeuroimagingKornelia Beiske - Diagnostic borderland of Narcolepsy
Kurs om søvn i oktober i Stavanger:Barnesøvnkurs
Norsk Forening for Søvnmedisin (NOSM), NevSom og Nasjonal Kompetansetjeneste for søvnsykdommer (Sovno) arrangerer et tre dagers Barnesøvnkurs. Kurset holdes 26. - 28. oktober i Stavanger.
Dette todagers kurset om søvn vil dekke mange aspekter ved søvnforstyrrelser hos barn. Målgruppe er spesialister og leger i utdanning samt andre faggrupper som arbeider med barn/unge og søvn.
Les mer om barnesøvnkurset her.
More on Nordic Narcolepsy Symposium:
The event schedule will be the following
Thursday the 6th of February from 9.30-18.00
Conference dinner at 19.00 at the Restaurant Pascal.
Friday the 7th of February from 9.00 to 15.15, with closing ceremony shortly thereafter.
Stine Knudsen Heier and Martin Aker
Nevsom – Norwegian centre of expertise for neurodevelopmental disorders and hypersomnias
Oslo University Hospital
Start date: 06.02.2020 Time: 09:30
End date: 07.02.2020 Time: 16:00
Kronprinsens gate 17
• Early bird participation fee* (deadline January 5th.) is 1750 NOK
• After January 5th, participation fee* is 2300 NOK
• Dinner at the Restaurant Pascal 6th of February - 400 NOK (deadline January 20th)
• Participation fee is 5000 NOK*
• Dinner at the Restaurant Pascal 6th of Februar - 1000 NOK
• Participation is free for invited speakers* - 0 NOK
• Dinner at the Restaurant Pascal 6th of February – 400 NOK
*Includes coffees, snacks, and lunch.
All prices presented are included 25% VAT
The organizing committee has not pre-booked rooms at one hotel for participants. The reason is that you may achieve better prices when bookings are made by yourself individually, and especially if you book early.
However, the list below shows hotels in the vicinity of the venue (less than 10 minutes walk). Figures in parenthesis are price examples in NOK as of November 6th 2019. The first 3 options are hotels which, to our current knowledge, several narcolepsy scientists/clinicians/participants have been considering to stay at in Oslo 6-7.2.2020 .
1. Thon Hotel Europa (1184 NOK)
Newly renovated and across the Royal Park (Slottsparken) allowing for a nice walk in the morning.
2. Hotel Verdandi (712 NOK)
3. Smarthotel, St. Olavsgate, Oslo (697 NOK)
Some other accommodation options:
4. Oslo Guldsmeden Hotel (1186 NOK)
5. Scandic Solli (1159 NOK) and Scandic Holberg Hotel (1027 NOK)
6. Thon Hotel Slottsparken (1184 NOK)
Apartments – for two or more to share:
7. Frogner House Apartements
Offers several apartments in vicinity of conference venue, of which
Frogner House Apartements Skovveien (1039 NOK) and Frogner House Apartements Arbins gate (883 NOK) is closest to the venue. Prices for one person studio.
8. Oslo Apartments Observatoriegaten (Single studio:1036 NOK, 3 bed apartment 1177 NOK, 2 room for 4 persons: 1270 NOK)
Note that the list is not complete, and other hotels in vicinity of the venue (Ingeniørenes Hus, Kronprinsensgate 17, 0251 Oslo) may be the option for you!
- UCB Pharma
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals
- AOP Orphan
To NevSoms homepage