ESWG 2 - 4 September Oslo Norway, Venue Thon Hotel Opera.
Cancellation of the 2020 ESWG scientific meeting
Due to the Corona virus/Covid-19 situation we have decided to cancel this year’s ESWG scientific meeting in Oslo, Norway. This is sad of course, but we could not see how the meeting would be successful given the circumstances. We have chosen not to postpone the meeting but instead plan for a new scientific meeting in 2022. We will have an ESWG member meeting at the ISFG congress in Washington, 2021, were we will discuss and decide the host of the 2022 meeting.
We are grateful for all the work that our colleagues in Oslo have done on the planning. We would also like to thank all planned workshop leaders, keynote speakers and participants that have registered, and hope that you will join our 2022 meeting!
Furthermore, we aim for a webinar in the autumn to present and discuss the results from the ESWG proficiency testing program. More information will follow!
Workshops 2 September
- Forensic mathematics and statistics, STR-SNP
Dr. Daniel Kling and Dr. Andreas Tillmar
- Mixtures analysis
Dr. Peter Gill and Dr. Øyvind Bleka
- Mass disaster identification
Dr. Bo Thisted Simonsen
- Interlaboratory comparison, ESWG proficiency test.
Dr. Daniel Kling and Dr.Andreas Tillmar
Scientific topics 3 – 4 September
- Direct-to-consumer genetic testing and forensic genealogy
- Biogeographic origin. Key note speaker: Prof. Mark Jobling
- Massive parallel sequencing, technics and practical use. Key note speaker: Dr. David Ballard
- DNA mixture interpretation, STR and MPS. Key note speaker: Prof.Denise Syndercombe Court
- DNA phenotyping and epigenetics. Key note speaker: Dr. Athina Vidaki
- Detection of tissue types and body fluids. Key note speaker: Dr. Titia Sijen
- Haploid marker interpretation. Key note speaker: Dr. Martin Bodner
Congress venue; Thon Hotel Opera, Dronning Eufemias gate 4, Oslo
If you want to reserve a room at the Thon Hotel Opera, please follow the link: https://www.thonhotels.com/event/oslo-university-hospital/. A limited number of rooms are reserved for the Conference.
The deadline for submitting abstracts is June 1st. Abstracts should be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Details regarding the abstract format are available; Abstract Formatting
More information will follow
Contact us: email@example.com